Thursday, July 4, 2013

Feeling Especially Blessed...

I was up extremely early today (3:30 am)...my body clock just won't adjust this trip. But the quiet time in the middle of the night gives me time to reflect, pray, and thank the Lord for the many blessings He faithfully provides.

Blessed...to have a wife, family, and congregation that willingly, patiently, and enthusiastically understands the importance of the work the Lord has given me to do that takes me so far away so often.

Blessed...to be working along-side some incredibly gifted young men and women who are full of love for their Savior, His Word, their fellow believers, and for those who have yet to rejoice in the forgiveness that Christ has won for all sinners.

Blessed...to receive emails full of love, support, and encouragement from family, friends, and church members back home and abroad.

Blessed...to be able to serve my Lord in such an incredibly fulfilling way as I get to witness firsthand and be a part of this harvest of blood bought souls in a land that is so very much dominated by idol worship.

Blessed...to meet again and work shoulder-to-shoulder with my brothers and sisters of the BELC and CLCI in India. I love these men and women...they are my heroes.

Blessed...with the kindness and love of the pastors we are working with here in India who patiently put up with us and allow us the privilege of working with them.

Blessed...to be encouraged and humbled by a group of thirty children who have seemingly nothing in earthly terms and yet overflow with joy in seeing us and hearing the simple truths of God's love for all of us.

Blessed...to have a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye as I think of the young girl who teaches Sunday School at the church we taught at last night...who smiled at me after our lessons and, in all sincerity, asked us to please come back and teach again soon.

Blessed...to have remained healthy this entire trip. If I make it the rest of the way, this will be a first :)

Blessed...to have the comfort of knowing that where I fail on a daily basis, my Savior has succeeded and because of His grace, love, mercy, sacrifice, and resurrection I am redeemed, restored, forgiven, and ready for service in His kingdom!

In Christ,
Pastor O.

No comments: