Saturday, July 13, 2013

Home

So this is it. My last blog post. I'm really not sure what to say. It seems weird to say that being home is hard. It's been a little different to drive a car, listen to American music, and go shopping (and use a debit card). I can't believe how much I miss India and the wonderful people there.

I guess if anything, this blog post is to say thank you:

THANK YOU to the pastors and sem students who so happily greeted us in Nellore. We felt so welcomed.

THANK YOU to Brothers Santhosh, Solomon, and Premkumar for being there for us all the time! From trucking us around, to slaying snakes, to making us laugh, playing with us in the ocean, and laughing with us, we appreciate you more than you can know! It was truly a privilege to work with you for thirteen days.

THANK YOU to the pastors and congregations who so willingly opened their doors to us, greeting us with open arms and rounding up kids for us to teach. We so enjoyed their attention and enthusiasm!

THANK YOU to my fellow members of Team #1! You guys were great! I really enjoyed working with you and was privileged to get to know you better over this trip. Your passion and enthusiasm were phenomenal!

THANK YOU (on that note) to everyone who made up the Mission Helper Trip of 2013! It was great to get to know you and work with you! You're amazing people and I know you were blessings to everyone you met! I hope you are all readjusting well to life in the states!

THANK YOU to my amazing support system back home! Thanks for encouraging me to go and praying for our teams! Thank you to Berea and Peace Thru Christ for their generous support that made this trip possible. Thank you to the friends and family who helped make this work for me! Your prayers and support have been very much appreciated!

THANK YOU (on that note) to my parents for taking me to and from the airport and hosting me when we got home.

THANK YOU, Yusef, for pushing me to go on this trip! Thank you for supporting me and helping to make this happen.

THANK YOU to Pastor Todd for coordinating this trip! You put in so much work and endless hours in planning and preparing, I'm not sure I even have a slight idea of what you put into these trips. It was a privilege to work with you and an honor to be involved with this trip. Thanks for making it possible!

THANK YOU to Pastor Jyothi. I don't know if I can begin to express my admiration for your dedication and enthusiasm for the Gospel message. You are a truly inspiring person and it was such a blessing and honor to work with you! Thank you for your concern and care for our well-being, as well as your patience in answering all your questions! Thank you for all you do for the CLCI and for taking so much of your time to go around to the congregations with us. Thank you for the kind email we received when we got home. I don't know if I could ever thank you enough or even scratched the surface of what you and your team did for us.

Thanks so much to everyone who has read our blogs and stayed in touch! Thanks for all you have done for us! If you would like to hear more about our trip, please feel free to get in touch (haddad.becky@gmail.com). I don't know that I'll ever get tired of talking about India!

~Becky Haddad

No comments: