Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Flight

India Time: 2:27 AM (June 25th, 2013)
Central Time: 4:00 PM (June 24th, 2013)

Hark the voice of Jesus crying, "Who will go and work today?"
Fields are white and harvest waiting, who will bear the sheaves away?
Loud and long the master calleth.  Rich reward he offers thee.
Who will answer gladly saying, "Here am I, send me, send me!"

It's funny to note the ways that we've already been able to notice how God has sent us--From our flight attendants noticing Lucas's armband ("I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. Rom 1:16) to our chats with our fellow passengers, our opportunities have already been blessed and, as I write still an hour from landing in Chennai, it is amazing to already see God's hand at work.  

While the food on the airplane is Indian cuisine, it's still a little mind boggling that in an hour we will be completely surrounded by India.  After almost twenty four hours of travel, I'm sure most of us will be happy to be done sitting on a plane!  :-)  

It's amazing to think that six months ago Joe and I were debating how we could make this work (more me debating and Joe reasoning and saying "go!").  Now, more than ever, thank you so much to everyone who has made this possible!  I wouldn't be here without your support and am very grateful!

~Becky Haddad

Sent from my iPad

No comments: